Thursday, October 24, 2013

Baby Must Haves: Months Six and Seven

Robby will turn eight months old on November 9. We are well past our swaddling days and on to new things! Here are our baby must haves for months six and seven.
 
  • Baby Einstein Musical Motion Activity Jumper - Robby LOVES this jumper! We started putting him in it for short amounts of time when he was about five months old, but he didn't become a huge fan until six months. I can leave him in here for up to an hour. On a good day, of course. "HELLO, freedom! Remember me? It's been awhile." Want to take a shower? Put baby in the jumper. Want to make dinner? Put baby in the jumper. Want to search the internet aimlessly and online shop? Put baby in the jumper. You get the idea. This thing saves my sanity.
  • 1,000,000 Bibs - I have mentioned Robby's drooling problems before. These days, I keep a bib on him almost 24 hours a day. Holy teething mess. Bibs keep his clothes from getting soaking wet which can lead to a rash. And who wants a baby with a rash? So get 1,000,000 bibs. I'm not kidding. I think we probably have close to 30 and somehow they are all always in the laundry. Or on the floor of my car.
  • Chewbeads Teething Necklace - I got these as a gift before Robby was born and honestly wasn't really sure if they would be useful. A necklace for a boy? Oh, you bet. R will gnaw on these things till the cows come home. Hello, more freedom! I can sit him in his pack and play with these and actually get a few things done around here. They seem to soothe his teething pain and as a bonus are non-toxic. Hooray! Ain't nobody got time for the teething pain monster. These help.
  • BabyGanics Hand Sanitizing Wipes - As a self-diagnosed sufferer of germaphobia, these are my best friend. Robby loves to put his hands in his mouth after touching shopping carts, the floor, doors, the list goes on. I carry these little individually-wrapped wipes in my diaper bag. They are alcohol free, i.e. safe for wiping tiny hands. I know it's unrealistic to think I can prevent him from being exposed to all germs but I do what I can. No thank you, colds and flu. You're not welcome stomach bug. Oy! I am dreading the day R gets a stomach bug... #NOTokwithvomitatall
  • Plum Organics Food Pouches - These are great and so easy when you don't have time to make your own baby food. Insert sarcasm here. Actually, making your own baby food can be a lot of fun and really save you $ but let's get realistic, there's not always enough hours in the day. These food pouches are especially nice for when you are away from the house or have to send food to child care. They taste pretty good too!
  • Johnson's Baby Bedtime Bath - We made bath time a part of our bedtime routine when R was teeny tiny. I always add a little of this to his bath and it smells divine. It leaves him smelling like an angel even through the next day. I could just inhale it all day long. I can't believe I hadn't though of this until now but maybe I'll put some in my bath too.
There's a plethora of other cool baby items out there but these are what have really stood out for us during months six and seven. That's a wrap for baby must haves!

I'll leave you with this shot of R during nap time today. He is really starting to see his crib as a prison. This can't be good.


No comments:

Post a Comment