Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Mommy Must Haves: April Edition

How is it April? And why do I begin every post with a question concerning the passing of time?

Anyway, this month snuck up on me but fear not - I have plenty of must haves to make your April a spectacular one.
Lindsay Phillips Ballet Flats - I am lusting over the adorable colors and patterns (Did you see the seersucker?!) Lindsay has going on with her shoes this spring. I discovered these flats in a boutique in the shopping mecca of Waco about four years ago. If you want these shoes and Waco isn't a part of your upcoming travels (and WHY wouldn't it be with the scenic beauty of that section of I-35?), you can find them online. One fun thing about these shoes is that you can switch out the detail on the front to make it look like you have a few pairs. They just snap right on and off and are interchangeable. How smart is that? Just think, you are saving money when you buy this shoe because it's really more than one pair. #winning #shoppinglogic #itcanalwaysbejustified And P.S. - they are SO comfy. I just ordered a metallic gold pair off of her web site. Amazon has some, but not all colors and styles. Check out her site to see them all. Aren't ballet flats so perfect for spring? Plus they're buying me some time on my desperate need to get back to regular pedicures. #coverthosetoes

Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss - I've been using this lip gloss for quite some time now. It is VERY similar to Chanel Glossimer but soooo much cheaper. You can go buy wine with the money you save. Yay! Sometimes "cheaper" equals "not as good," but that is not the case here. I actually like these glosses better! My latest fave color is Pink Pop. It looks super bright in the tube but goes on lighter. Rumor has it that this is the lip gloss Blair Waldorf is seen wearing in Gossip Girl.

Jergen's Natural Glow "Three Days to Glow" Moisturizer - *This was formerly called Jergen's Natural Glow Express. OK I love this stuff. Spring always brings out my need to sport sun-kissed skin. I am super crazy about wearing sunscreen and don't want to lay in the sun too much to get color. No thanks, skin cancer! This product helps take me from snowflake status to sun-kissed in no time. It just gives you a healthy glow and works faster than the regular Jergen's Natural Glow lotion. I find that I don't actually need to use it three days in a row to get the results I want. Which is great if you are lazy don't have time to apply it every night. One application is usually enough depending on how much color you want. I apply it at night and sleep in it. They have drastically reduced the "fake tan lotion smell" but I still like to wash it off in the morning. To maintain color, you can use the regular Jergen's Natural Glow after you use the three day version. I definitely don't use this religiously but it is nice when you have an event coming up and want to look a little bronzed.

Biscoff European Cookie Spread - Ummmmm, OK....why am I just now discovering this? NOT helpful to the summer bikini diet but oh so delicious. When I'm craving something sweet, I eat this on apples, crackers - well, just about anything. If you like Nutella, you will probably be a fan of this. Those Europeans sure know what they are doing!

Happy Hump Day, y'all!

And before I go, I leave you with a photo of Mr. R. This is what happens when you forgot to send extra clothes to school. Your son dons capris on a 40 degree day. How he fit into size 6-month pants when he wears size 18-24 month, I'll never know. Lesson learned on making sure we are stocked with extra clothes at school. Lesson also learned on sending raspberries in R's lunch.....



No comments:

Post a Comment