Wednesday, May 27, 2015

What's For Dinner? Swiss Chicken

I've taken the LONGEST break from blogging. Mostly just because life gets in the way sometimes. Also because a certain two-year-old I know doesn't take kindly to his mother sitting in front of a computer much. Like at all. Ever. Is it just mine? If I even try to get on the computer for one minute during Robby's waking hours, he thinks he needs to get on too. And starts banging on the keyboard. And tries to use the mouse. Which then ends up crashing onto the floor. Blah blah blah. So obviously he's napping right now.

Dear Robby, Please never, ever give up napping. I don't know if I can deal. Can we at least have quiet time like at school and summer camp? PLEASE. Love, Mommy.

I have been in a dinner rut lately and my sister sent me a new recipe. It is originally a Paula Deen recipe (Thanks Paula!)...so you can probably guess what one of the ingredients is. If you're feeling bloated or fretting about the looming swimsuit season, I'm sure it would still turn out great if you cut back on the butter. But like, not AS great. Honestly, life's too short to not eat butter.

This chicken is so easy and so delicious. If you are bored with your current chicken recipes give this one a try. I don't have a photo of this delish recipe for you so here's a pic of my little love from a few weekends ago. He's ready for summer!


Swiss Chicken

Ingredients

  • 4 chicken breasts
  • 4 Tablespoons melted butter
  • 4 slices of Swiss cheese (one per chicken breast)
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup (you can also use cream of mushroom)
  • 1/4 cup white wine *I add an extra splash
  • 1 cup stuffing mix (crushed) OR 1 cup breadcrumbs
  • salt and pepper

Directions

  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 
  • Add chicken breasts to a greased casserole dish and season with salt and pepper.
  • Place cheese slices on top of chicken.
  • In medium bowl, mix soup and wine. Pour over the chicken in the dish.
  • Sprinkle the crushed stuffing mix or breadcrumbs over the top and drizzle with the melted butter.
  • Bake for 45 minutes.
That's all for now! Lots of exciting summer things coming up. One of them being that we bought and are renovating a house. I am hoping to document here with before and after photos and lots of fun DIY projects. 

Happy Wednesday! PS: I just had to look at my calendar to see what day it is. #mombrain 

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to make this. I love your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christine!! It's so good I've already made it twice and am making it again tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not a question of if, but when. At some point, your garage door or gate will need some sort of repair. Doors In Motion is a fully insured company that can handle anything from general maintenance, repair or even full replacement of garage doors and gates. We will always provide our customers a free onsite estimate and give them options on how we can safely get them up and running. We understand that your time is important, so it is our goal to serve you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and at no extra charge. Here are options fort worth garage door repair, fort worth garage door services, fort worth garage door installation and fort worth garage door sales.

    ReplyDelete