Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Best Roast Ever...Made With A Stick of Butter, Of Course!

Y'ALL. If you have been looking for a good roast recipe, this is it. My sister sent it to me. She found it on Table for Two,which is one of our favorite food blogs.

I adapted it ever so slightly and it came out DELISH. And you make it in a crock pot. SUCH a score. I just love when it's dinner time and dinner is already done. With practically zero effort. That's the best!

I promise this is not "just another crock pot recipe." It tastes WAY better than any roast I have ever made in the crock pot.

Ingredients

  • 1 3-pound chuck roast
  • 1 1-ounce packet of dry Ranch seasoning mix
  • 1 1-ounce packet of dry au jus gravy mix
  • 1 stick of butter, obviously! *The original recipe calls for 6 tablespoons. I went ahead with the full stick. That was a no-brainer. Paula would be proud.
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 8 pepperoncini *I added more than the original recipe called for because I wanted my roast to have some zip to it.

Directions

  • Add the 1/4 cup water to your crock pot and place the roast on top.
  • Sprinkle the roast with the dry Ranch mix followed by the dry au jus mix.
  • Put the stick of butter on top of all that. *No need to melt it first, just throw it on top!
  • Place the pepperoncini around the roast.
  • Cook on low for 8 hours.
  • Shred and serve with the gravy. Cause it makes its own gravy!

I guarantee you will LOVE this roast. Also, one of the best things about a roast is having leftovers! We ate the leftovers on toasted King's Hawaiian Bread buns with some horseradish. I can't EVEN tell you how good that was. We were so busy stuffing our faces with this amazing roast that I didn't get a photo for you. So I'll leave you with a photo of my little man.

Have you ever seen a more angelic face???
Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment